Charles has also prepared reports on a range of topics, including:
- Aboriginal Housing Market in BC (Calgary, Alberta, 2015). Assessed the feasibility of the Aboriginal housing market in BC, both on-reserve and off-reserve, for a housing provider. This included parameters upon which the client could differentiate themselves with purchasers.
- Sector Trend Analysis: Oil & Gas, Mining, Transportation (Prince George, BC, 2005). Prepared high-level summaries of the situations and regional & global trends in the Oil & Gas, Mining and Transportation sectors for the Prince George Nechako Aboriginal Employment & Training Assoc..
- ATEEC Sector Modules: Global Trends; Construction; Logistics (Prince George, 2008). Prepared assessments used to engage all relevant stakeholders in the city of Prince George, for the Applied Technical and Engineering Education Consortium (ATEEC), an industry and education partnership.
- Stakeholder Analysis (Prince George, BC, 2009). Identified, documented and helped recruit key stakeholders for the community strategic plan for the City of Prince George (the “MyPG” process).
- Labour Market Opportunity Analysis (Burns Lake, BC, 2010). Working with the Lake Babine Nation, interviewed 222 firms in Burns Lake and Smithers, BC, to determine their need for workers, skills needed in various jobs, and opportunity for placement of First Nations youth.
- Highway Land Development Opportunities Analysis (Parry Sound, Ontario, 1990). Assessed areas of potential commercial land along a proposed highway expansion in the area. Established the methodology, surveyed major subsets of transportation-related retail to determine key attributes, prepared the report and presented to municipal councils.
- Municipal Housing Report (Atikokan, Ontario, 1992). Prepared a housing report for Atikokan to submit to the Ontario Ministry of Housing as part of its process of updating the official community plan.